Thursday, May 13, 2021

From SanderS: Home Alone!

 Hoi,

Since I had a week off from work I finally had time to sit down and paint one of the many TTCombat Streets of Venice buildings I have lying around. This builidng is one I put together from several left over bits (hence the missing door) from other kits and I tried out some new weathering techniques involving sponging and washes.





 

 

 

If I learned anything from the process, it's that I need to go far lighter/ brighter in my colours prior to applying the washes as they darken down the whole subject quite a bit.

I am really pleased with how the building turned out and am going to use the techniques on my other buildings as well.

Cheers Sander

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Looking very nice indeed Sander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Sander, love the chequered floor. Might want to add a door however!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's supposed to be a derelict building in the seedier parts of town, so I might just leave the door off..

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Sander, the new techniques really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, I am happy with the results too!

      Delete
  4. Great job Sander. In terms of going lighter/brighter, I have had the same experience...but I still struggle with that. It always seems WAY too bright at first...

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the wash is too dark, quickly add some water and thin it down before it dries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice, will have a go with that next building!

      Delete
  6. Very nice work Sander - I like the ochre stucco effect. Yes, I agree, you have to go what seems unnaturally bright at first and then let the washes do their magic.

    ReplyDelete