Tuesday, April 6, 2021

JamieM - more Hell Dorado (and Bombshell) daemons

I managed to keep my focus and crack on with the daemons for Hell Dorado who had been hanging around the shelves for nearly a decade.

Family photo first, with the Greater Daemon of Rage at the back, three lesser rage daemons to his right, a succubus, a standard daemon and a couple of smaller chaps.

The greater daemon seems to be literally bursting out of his skin and liberal use of GW’s technical paint “blood for the blood god” worked a treat. The lesser daemons have the weapons shoved through what’s left of their arms. Ouch.

The greater daemon of rage was a lovely, heavy chunk of metal in four pieces. They fit pretty well with only a little bit of green stuff work required.

I tried to vary the skin tones for his belt and the poor souls hanging on his back and on his weapon.

The succubus is a Bombshell Babe sculpt. It’s part of a Kickstarter lot I have that just keeps on giving as I keep finding models in there that make me want to paint them across a lot of the games I’m interested in. I noticed this one whilst searching for something else and I decided to paint her and find some friends to accompany her, so the hell dorado daemons were found and painted up too.

I tried to give her skin a red glaze, but I think I may have just made her look a bit sunburnt.....

Next up for a close up is this little chap who appears to be a bag of skin chained together with two evil looking blades. What a delightful little nightmarish fellow.

I really rather enjoyed painting these, more for the enjoyment of it instead of for any particular game which is how I normally paint.



7 comments:

  1. "Greater Daemon of Rage" - how did GW miss out on this one?
    Well done Jamie! Some fine brushwork on some fairly ominous sculpts...
    A small thing held together by some blades? Seriously, some GW people must have been yelled at for missing these ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairly gruesome lot these, but they look splendid! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a game called 'Hell' Dorado, these guys look like a great fit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am suitably disturbed by these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully colorful even if nightmarish!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work Jamie! Don't you love big, bulky metal figures. I'm afraid they are going the way of the dodo, so sad. I also really like the effect that 'blood for the blood god' technical paint. It's now on my shopping list, thanks!

    ReplyDelete