Sunday, May 24, 2020

From DrQ: Crab People and a Mountain Climber

A small offering for this week.

First up I painted this trio of aquatic denizens.


The mechanic-lady in the middle is of unknown providence. A friend gave me the mini back before the end of the world, and she had been sitting on my shelf for some time. Her two bodyguards are Shell Crackers of House Hadross, from CMON's Wrath of Kings game. I picked up a few miscellaneous miniatures from this line at the start of the pandemic on a sale from Miniature Market. The game itself looks uninspiring mechanically, but for something like $4US I figured these crabby bois could find a home in a D&D game when everything reopens. The bases for all of them are DIY cobblestone made from polymer clay.

However, most of my week was taken up painting this little darling:


This is Ice Climber Candy—a limited release, master-class miniature for Ninja Division's Super Dungeon Explorer game. She's painted pretty much to her concept art here (i.e. it wasn't my idea to have her with a pink parka and pink hair!). I can't see her getting much table time as either a D&D miniature or in the aforementioned game, but she was fun to paint. I really had a chance to work on my blackening skills on her gear and the fur.

Next week I'm hoping to build and paint some more sci-fi terrain, but we'll have to see where the muses take me.

Stay safe.

8 comments:

  1. More lovely and quirky minis Dr Q. Love the vibrant colours and the basing.
    Customer at a sea food restaurant “Do you serve crabs here?”
    Waiter “We serve anyone, what would you like?”
    I’ll get my coat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those crustacean bodyguards DrQ (especially their shell-swords) and Candy is terrific as well - I especially like the ice and her winking eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking crustaceans and the climber is ace too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little bods great character in them 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Curt, those shells and thugs really look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those figures look awesome, especially the mountaineer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff! I like these unusual figures and your painting is great!

    ReplyDelete