Sunday, May 24, 2020

From TomM: Star Wars Legion Turbo Laser

So I finally finished this piece of scenery for Star Wars Legion, and truth be told this was actually the first "larger" thing I printed on my Ender 3.


The only thing I was in doubt for was to go for a more white colour like in the original trilogy, especially in the pre-touched up edition, or for the lighter grey like in recenter images.

In the end, I opted for the second scheme.


The model consists of various "levels" glued on top of each other, and the barrels again a seperate piece, and takes about 4 evenings of printing to complete.


Nice and tall to stand on the table now, the next project for SWL will be a power generator, before continuing printing work on the Tattooine set I have.

12 comments:

  1. Impressive, most impressive! or "You worry about those fighters and let me take carry of the towers!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I can just hear the X wings screaming past it 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool. There is something about a laser that sounds a lot more menacing with the word "turbo" in front of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice paint job Tom! Good that you went for the lighter grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking bit of scenery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work, it looks very imposing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is sooo awesome. Brings back memories of me as as kid, swooping around with my Mattel X-wing between couch and coffee table, imagining it was the Death Star trench. I would have squealed with delight seeing this. You've done John Dykstra proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's not to be messed with! Well done!

    ReplyDelete