Friday, June 19, 2020

From StuartL - WW2 Japanese and some RPG minis.

With the deadline for the AHQC drawing closer, it's time for me to make my final post. Since my return to full time work at the start of June I haven't had a lot of time for painting, nor have I had a lot of energy, so I haven't done quite as much as I had hoped to.
My first entry for this challenge was a bunch of Japanese infantry for Bolt Action, so I figured that I would round out the challenge with the same. All of the figures and the flag are from Warlord Games.



To provide some fire support, I have a 47mm AT gun painted up and ready to (hopefully) knock out any Shermans that stray into their sights.


I was also able to finish up the bulk of my infantry for this project. Above there are 16 standing figures and 9 prone, including some LMG's, a Sniper, some command figures and a bunch of riflemen. I think I still have a few more figures left for this project, but they haven't been built yet. I'll probably try and get them ready for the winter challenge, unless something else distracts me.


Finally, a handful of Reaper minis I have had cluttering up a corner of my workbench for a while. A goblin, a gator-man, a giant boar and a were-boar. To give you a sense of scale, the goblin is roughly 25mm tall.

Which brings me to the final round-up for the totally unofficial and un-minioned points I have been awarding myself.
1 gun + crew = 25 Points
16x Japanese infantry = 80 Points
9x prone infantry = 22.5 Points
1x 25mm monster = 5 Points
3x 40mm monsters = 21 Points
Total = 153.5 Points

This gives me a grand total of 1093 Points for the challenge, exceeding my AHPC-X total by 36 points, and by 456 Points if you don't include the bonus points for Challenge Island.
As for my Bolt Action Era side duel with my esteemed rival Noel, the Japanese troops from this entry bring my score up to 865 Points. I'm looking forward to seeing what he manages to achieve with his final round of entries.

Thanks for all of the support and kind words over the past few months!

5 comments:

  1. Great work Stuart! Over a thousand points during the QC, that's fantastic - well done!

    Have a great summer and we'll see you in the ranks for Challenge XI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm already planning my entries for Challenge XI!

      Delete
  2. More lovely bolt action types and the fantasy chaps are great too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice these, love the gun and crew! 1000 points is actually amazing, well done!

    ReplyDelete