Monday, April 13, 2020

From ClarenceH: Kosha 1885

Ok, it's not painted models, but I spent last weekend developing the map for my fictional campaign...


It's based on a treasure trove of very real survey maps at 1:250,000 scale of the Sudan tucked away on the Library of Congress website. If you're into this period and unaware of these, head over there now to take a look. There are hundreds of maps covering all of Egypt and the Sudan. Most have three versions filed in different years with the oldest being 1911.

More details on my blog.

I'm still working out the kinks in my painting scheme for the Cameron Highlanders, but I'll have more models up soon.

9 comments:

  1. Interesting map. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great map, great looking campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your upcoming campaign. The map looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That map is a beautiful thing, Clarence. Looking forward to seeing more of your Highlanders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that's some truly stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good this, and properly framed would look great on any wall!

    ReplyDelete