Sunday, May 31, 2020

From MartijnN: More small scale scenery

For some reason I do not seem to be able to get any figures done. However, I still have lots terrain pieces to paint and I spent some time on those.

First up is a Russian village from Hagen Miniatures. Funny how 1/300 seems to be just as fluid a scale as any other. These models are decidedly small, even for 6mm. Also, they are not very detailed. However, as an assembly I think it works quite ok, and as long as there are no buildings in the immediate vicinity from other makes they should be alright. The trees are from Les Hammond's  Terrain Shed.



Next up, a 6mm French house from Battlescale. I really like their buildings, both in 6mm and in 10mm.



Then, some earthworks, also from Battlescale. They are nominally 10mm, but  I think they would work with 15mm as well. These were painted in the same shade of Citadel Contrast paint (Aggraros Dunes), but one over a grey primer and one over Wraithbone, GW's recommended shade of off-white. The difference is quite marked! I disliked the darker tone so much that I drybrushed some green and yellow over it. They''ll both do now I guess. The wood by the way is Wyldwood, which is one of the best colours in the range I'd say. Just applied straight from the pot, and the shadow effect is very good.

Finally, a 10mm cottage from Battlescale, the companion of the building I showed you earlier. This was also primed grey, which accounts from the sombre tone. I will not repeat that experiment, I suppose. Still, the end result looks ok.



That's all folks! Thanks for looking, and stay safe.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely terrain Martijn! I really like that village grouping and the stuff from Battlescale looks very nice and crisp. Might have to give them a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loving this small scale scenery Martijn. That village is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking terrain! The group is great and I really like the last one!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great terrain mate, love the Russian village 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work. The village looks great.

    ReplyDelete